We are proud to present our new veterinarian, Doctor Xavier Ozouf.
He was trained in the best French vet school of Maisons-Alfort. Then he worked in many private clinics, and helped to develop emergency cares structures. He is now in charge of the internal medicine consultations, soft tissue surgeries and training the local team. He’s always helpful and available, doing is best for the health and happiness of your animals.
This summer was particularly hot, the hottest since decades. We saw at the clinic many infections due to massive use of fans and air conditioners. Powerful air flow can induce ears, eyes and nose inflammation, which weaken the body and facilitate the entry of germs. Up to you to find the perfect balance between correct air flow and perfect cooling. One of the best ways is to point the blades on the ceiling.
Adopt a Pet
First of all, you have to determinate if you can take a good care of an animal. Every pet requires time, sacrifice and love, in addition of the specific needs of each animal and breed. Be certain you want a pet for a long time, just only for few days.
- Choose a pet that fits your life style: lazy on the couch or running in the fields.
- Prepare your home! Clean, and remove everything dangerous or toxic. If possible, put aside one room that you can designate as the pet’s bedroom. Avoid putting its bed in front of the main door, or he will think all the house belongs to it.
- Be sure too to choose the good diet program, and a feeding schedule adapted to your new pet.
- The best way to know if your animal is healthy when you get it, just bring it to your vet for clinical examination. And he will be able to can give you true information about vaccination, anti-fleas preventive treatment and deworming. And of course he can answer any question you could have.
Deworming For Mother And Puppy
We usually use deworming to kill internal parasites. Dogs are ideal hosts, because they use to sniff, slurp, lick and gobble anything in their paths. They also use their mouth for social habits, so inter transmission is very frequent.
If the mother has intestinal worms during pregnancy, the parasites can be transmitted to the puppies by blood way, so they born pre-infested. Worms can also pass from mother to baby before birth or soon after, through her milk. Massive parasitism is very dangerous for puppies, it can induce serious diarrhea, stunted growth, and sometimes death.
There are many safe ways to de-worm your dog. The sooner the worms are gone, the sooner your pet will get healthy and feel better. Your vet will give your dog the most appropriate medicine.
The recommendations for deworming are:
- Puppies: they are very sensitive to internal parasites and should be dewormed every month until they are 6 months old.
- Adults: give them a complete deworming every 3 to 6 months, depending on their exposition level and on their heath state.
And keep in mind that worms can be transmitted to human too, with a high level zoonotic risk for the youngest!
Many time your career causes you to shift your home and family to another location or even another country. Of course, you do not want to leave a member of your family behind. But planning a pet move can be overwhelming and time consumming task. Let our pet relocation service helps you. We will ensure the entire process runs smoothly, from paperwork and immunization, to a safe flight, door to door pickup and delivery. We make your move exactly what it should be: a walk in the park.
So how does it work?
- Relocating dogs, cats, birds and other small animals is a very technical process. We specialize in arranging animal freight/animal cargo and provide for your pet’s travel safety and comfort from door to door or airport to airport.
- We stay abreast of all the up-to-date travel requirements and documents that could be required for your animal air transportation. This ensures pet travel will go smoothly and safely!
- We will arrange all the necessary documentation to be completed for the entire animal freight/animal cargo process from start to finish.
- Pet relocation has a standard set of procedures and regulation to be followed when shipping pets. We experts in the field and have the national and international contacts to accomplish the task efficiently and with care.
- When shipping pet internationally, import permits may be required as well as special licenses and other legal documentation and we help you with these details.
- You know, calling airlines can be time consuming and confusing; each time you call you can receive a different answer. At our clinic we know all of the policies and procedures and the difference between each airline company, so we can select the best flight for your pet!
How to get started with your pet’s smooth move:
The first, talk with us about all of the details of your upcoming move. We will be able to assess your individual needs to customize a plan that works best with you, your pet and anyone involved with your move. Our goal is to avoid you this stress by providing details and answers to all of your question and concerns.
The second step is to provide you an estimate cost, and to help you determine the scope of services you need for your pet. The estimate cost will provide a breakdown of all services for the complete move. This allows us to agree on the proposal prior to hiring us.
The third step is once we agree on the proposal and estimate, we send you the contract via email that you sign and fax or email back. Once we get the signed contract back, with photo ID, we start the comprehensive service for your pet.
Our service provides a pet travel packet, mailed to the person who will be taking your pet to the airport. It includes:
- Detailed relocation instructions including flight, cage and documentation requirements.
- The ticket for your pet, typed up on an AWB (Air Way Bill)
- Feeding instruction stickers
- Live animal stickers
- Airport procedures for pickup and delivery
- Crate tag with pet/flight info
While planning and assisting with your pet travel plan, we remain available to you, from start to finish by phone or email.
Our service is complete once we hear that the pet has arrived at its final destination and is “home sweet home”!